For commercial growers and agribusinesses.
Date: Thursday, 14th October 2010
Where: Two locations – different things to see at both sites (look for the signs)
9:00 am OSCIA demonstration site – 10595 Fairview Line between the Mull and Harwich Roads
10:30 am Across the road from 20701 Victoria Rd (formally 21 Hwy), north of Gosnell Line – at the back Ridgetown Campus research plots
Lunch Provided after the tour
- Underseeding cover crops in seed or sweet corn
- Cover crops were planted after wheat, tomatoes, and cucumbers
- Comparison of early vs. late cover crop growth
- Many different cover crops (alfalfa, vetch, crimsom clover, winter pea, oilseed radish, buckwheat, sorghum and other grasses, as well as mixtures)
- Funding provided by OSCIA Nutrient Management BMP Demonstration Grant, Seed Corn Growers of Ontario, Ontario Processing Vegetable Growers and OMAFRA.
For more information: contact Prof. Laura Van Eerd at the Ridgetown Campus – University of Guelph at 519 674-1644 or email@example.com.
No cost! No pre-registration required! CCA Credits have been applied for!