Kristen Obeid, OMAFRA Weed Specialist – Horticulture
The International Plant Nutrition Institute has just released a new summary of best management practices for reduction of phosphorus losses for the major commodity crops of North America. Many of these practices are applicable to vegetable production, as well.
Kristen Obeid, Weed Management Specialist – Horticulture, OMAFRA
Published by the Grain Farmers of Ontario, the resource features over 120 species commonly found in and around agricultural fields. The Weed ID Guide for Ontario Crops is now available in the following formats:
- ePub format (124 MB file for Kindle, iBooks and other e-reader apps)
- pdf format (8 MB file)
- print ready pdf (141 MB file)
These can be downloaded from the following website: http://fieldcropnews.com/2016/09/weed-id-guide-for-ontario-crops/
- Print Copy (printing and shipping costs apply, volume discounts available) can be ordered from the following website: http://www.blurb.ca/b/7797011-weed-id-guide-for-ontario-crops
- The price is $37.51 for one copy
- 10% discount if you order 10 or more
The publication was funded through Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.
Presentation slides from the 2017 Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Convention (OFVC) are now posted online. Field vegetable content at this year’s OFVC included: Continue reading Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Convention presentations now available online
This is one to review and share! A very educational slide show from Jason at Sprayers101.com
There’s been unprecedented demand for information regarding the safe and effective application of the new dicmaba products registered in Canada in late 2016. In response, every extension agent, agrichemical rep and researcher with any know-how on the subject has spent the last year (or more) speaking at grower meetings. I, for one, am fairly certain…
These workshops are available for those who will be scouting horticultural crops this year.
To register, please contact OMAFRA’s Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300.
Planning is underway for the scout training workshop for hops. Details will be provided soon.
Introduction to IPM
- May 2, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Conference Rm 1, 2 and 3, 1st Floor,1 Stone Rd. West, Guelph
- Workshop Leader: Denise Beaton
- Notes: Lunch on your own. Handouts provided. Pay parking ($12/day).
VEGETABLE CROPS Continue reading OMAFRA IPM Scout Training Workshops for 2017