Greenhouse Season Extension with Adam Montri
Presented by the Ecological Farmers of Ontario
February 21st (Monday) – Kingston – 10 am to 3 pm
February 22nd (Tuesday)- Guelph – 10 am to 3 pm
The day will include:
- Options, Options, Options: Hoophouse options including size, automation, and other pre-building decisions for warm and cool season crops
- Before You Build: Site prep, orientation, and additional construction options
- Cropping: Crop selection, timing, and scheduling for warm and cool season crops
- How to Make it Pay: Yields, harvesting and marketing – including the economics
- To Add or Not to Add: Thoughts of when to add more high tunnels
Adam Montri is an outreach specialist with the Student Organic Farm in the Michigan State University Department of Horticulture. He works with farmers in rural and urban areas throughout North America using hoophouses/hightunnels for year-round farming. He and his wife, Dru, and daughter, Lydia, own and operate Ten Hens Farm, a year-round farm, in Bath, MI.
Cost $40 for EFO members/$50 for non members. Lunch included. Please register for either session with the EFO office, 519 822 -8606, 1 877-822-8606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.