Updated October 29 with change in meeting location at Ridgetown Campus (see below).
Thursday, 30th October 2014
No cost. Join part or all of tour. No pre-registration required.
- 9545 Cedar Hedge Line, Co-operator – Joseph Tomecek
St. Clair Region S&CIA project Cover crop mixtures after wheat (late August planting)
- 13495 Jane Street, near Thamesville. Co-operator – Dave Sherman
St Clair Region S&CIA project Cover crop mixtures trial after wheat (early August planted)
10:45 a.m. — Please Note: Change in meeting location
- Ridgetown Campus, University of Guelph – Gosnell Line gate; off of Hwy 21/Victoria Road
- Darren Robinson – herbicide carryover/cover crop research
- David Hooker – long term crop rotations with red clover cover crops
- Laura Van Eerd
- dos and DON’Ts for crimson clover
- long(er) term cover crop plots
- straw and stover removal – can cover crops help?
- soil health in Ontario’s long- term tillage and crop rotation experiments.
- cover crop planting date and next year’s yield
1 p.m. – Lunch provided at the University of Guelph – Ridgetown Campus, Willson Hall
CCA credits requested.
For more information, contact Anne Verhallen, OMAFRA
Ridgetown 519-674-1614 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding provided by OSCIA Regional Project Grant and