Wednesday, 9th November 2011
For commercial growers and agribusinesses
Near Chatham and Ridgetown, Ontario – two locations – different things to see at both sites
9:30 am at OSCIA demonstration site – 400 m west of 10708 Northwood Line between the Mull and Harwich Roads. Look for the solar panel.
11:00 am across the road from 20701 Victoria Rd (formerly 21 Hwy), north of Gosnell Line (near Ridgetown).
Lunch provided after the tour
- No cost. No preregistration required. CCA credits have been applied for
- Missed last year’s Open House? – Come see cover crop growth this year
- Worth the extra cost? – Compare oilseed radish common vs. named varieties
- Cover crops were planted after tomatoes, snap beans, sweet corn and seed corn
- Many different cover crops (alfalfa, red clover, vetch, crimson clover, forage pea, oilseed radish, mustard, ryegrass, as well as mixtures)
- Funding provided by OSCIA Nutrient Management BMP Demonstration Grant, Seed Corn Growers of Ontario and OMAFRA.
For more information, contact Prof. Laura Van Eerd at University of Guelph – Ridgetown Campus at 519 674-1500 x63644 or email@example.com.