The program is out for Southwest Crop Diagnostic Days 2015, July 8-9 at Ridgetown Campus.
- Hitting the Goldilocks Spot – Managing residue and building soil structure for better crop establishment.
- Roots and Shoots – Digging deeper into cover crops.
- Weed-posium Workshop – Problematic Pigweeds, a small group that presents some big challenges.
- Narrowing the Yield Gap of 30” Soybean Rows – Wide rows are becoming more popular and have a number of advantages. Do inputs such as banded fertilizers, foliar fungicides, and foliar fertilizers work ? This stop will also address how light interception impacts yield.
- Timing Matters – Determining cereal stages for application of growth regulators, fungicides and nitrogen.
- Herbicide Injury in Corn – Learn to recognize the symptoms caused by new and common products.
- Herbicide Injury in Soybeans – A hands-on look at herbicide injury in soybeans.
- Feeling the Pressure – How nozzle pressure affects spray quality and coverage. A demonstration of the negative impacts of using spray nozzles outside their ideal pressure range…. and it happens all the time.
- Water Use Efficiency – Is water the next limiting factor in crop production?
- Disease Management and ID – IDing common diseases and management options such as fungicides for soybeans and corn.
- Carbon Copy Corn Plants – Quantifying plant stand variability and its impact on corn yield potential
For more information or to register, visit http://www.diagnosticdays.ca/ or download the brochure.