Are you looking for information on brown marmorated stink bug in field vegetable crops? A factsheet that provides a synopsis of what North American researchers have learned so far and management recommendations using an integrated approach is now available on the stopBMSB website.
Integrated Pest Management for Brown Marmorated Stink Bug in Vegetables gives an overview of:
- Basic Biology and Life Cycle of BMSB
- Vegetable Crops at Risk / Crops Not at Risk
- Vegetable Injury Diagnostics
- Period of Risk/Susceptibility
- Provisional Monitoring Recommendations
- Biological Control
- Provisional Management Strategies
The factsheet also lists Effective Insecticides for Controlling BMSB on Vegetables, but this is a US resource, so these products may not be registered in Canada or registered for this pest. Consult the Canadian product labels.
- Interested in Monitoring for Brown Marmorated Stink Bug on Your Farm? Traps Are Available
- Brown marmorated stink bug: online resources
- Brown marmorated stink bug update: distribution, monitoring and research
- Management strategies for brown marmorated stink bug
- Identifying stink bugs of Ontario
- Ontario’s least wanted: Report the brown marmorated stink bug