Producers, processors and agri-food organizations are encouraged to apply for the Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence. There are 50 awards available including:
- Premier’s Award (one award valued at $75,000)
- Minister’s Award (one award valued at $50,000)
- Leaders in Innovation Award (three awards valued at $25,000 each)
- Provincial Award (45 valued at $5,000 each)
Applications will be accepted direct from the following, as long as eligibility criteria is met:
- Primary Producers / Farmers
- Food Processors
- Agri-Food Organizations
Applicants are encouraged to focus their application on one innovative project per year. Applications who are successful or unsuccessful in one year are eligible to re-apply the following year.
Applications are evaluated based on several criteria, including:
- Impact or Benefits – What is the innovation’s economic and/or social benefit to Ontario’s agri-food
- Uniqueness and Originality – How did the innovation come to be? How unique is the innovation?
- Development – How did the idea turn from concept to a completed product/project?
- Operational Benefits – How is the innovation benefiting the agri-food sector and the province?
- Adoption and/or Commercialization – Is the innovation successful? Has it been adopted by others?
- Broader Use – Does the innovation have potential for use on a broader basis? Does it have potential to positively effect on the agricultural industry?
The Program Guidebook and Application are available at:
Successful applications from previous years can be found here:
Application deadline is Friday, May 25, 2018.
If you have any questions or require additional information, contact Darlene Harrietha at 519-826-4847 or email@example.com