The FarmSmart Committee is please to announce FarmSmart Expo 2018 Field Day being held July 12, 2018 at the Elora Research Station.
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) field crop unit staff and the University of Guelph’s research staff will be providing leading-edge, hands-on diagnostics sessions at the Elora Research Station, 6182 2nd Line E, Ariss.
Join us for this year’s timely and engaging sessions including:
- Soil Diagnosing – Adam Hayes, Anne Verhallen, OMAFRA
- New Planter Technology – The iCubed Water Jet Planter – with James Dyck, Ben Rosser, OMAFRA
- The Need For Sulphur in Ontario Crops -John Lauzon, U of G and Jake Munroe, OMAFRA
- Growing Dry Bean Variety Mixtures to Increase Crop Resiliency and Capture Ecosystem Services – Peter Pauls, U of G and Meghan Moran, OMAFRA
- Getting Bang for Your Manure Buck with In-Crop Drag Hose Application – Chris Brown, OMAFRA
- DIY Sensors for Solving on Farm Data Questions – John Van de Vegte, OMAFRA Engineer
- Current Weed Control Options and Weed Control Strategies! – Clarence Swanton UG-PAg and Mike Cowbrough OMAFRA
- Soil Compaction Primer! Did we do the right things this spring? – Peter Johnson Real Agriculture, Alex Barrie OMAFRA and Eric Brubacher OK Tire Elmira
- Soil and Water Infiltration Demonstrations. – Dan Saurette and Nicole Rabe OMAFRA
Registration fee is $90 for OSCIA members, $125 for non-members includes a one-year membership in your local soil and crop improvement association, and students are $45. Deadline for discounted rate is July 19th. After July 9th registration rate is $125 (no membership benefits).
Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) Continuing Education Credits have been applied for.
To register online go to: http://www.farmsmartconference.com or call 1-877-424-1300. Information and program updates are posted online at www.farmsmartconference.com. Updates will also be posted on www.farmsmartconference.com and Twitter@FarmSmart18.