Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada have confirmed the diagnosis of late blight on tomato plants from Essex. See the August 29 update for information on management and recommended fungicides.
ONvegetable topicsalliums asparagus bacterial disease bean leaf beetle beans brassicas business carrot celery cover_crops crop nutrition cucumbers cucurbits disease downy mildew eggplant events fertilizer food processing food_safety frost fumigation fungal disease fungicides government programs herbicide injury herbicide resistance herbicides high_tunnel insecticides insects IPM irrigation late blight leafy veg legume veg marketing melons micronutrients mites nematodes ONveg in The Grower organic other peas pepper phytophthora poll pollination powdery mildew pumpkins purple spot research resources rhizoctonia solani roots root veg rutabaga seed treatments snap_beans soil specialty veg squash storage survey sweet corn tomato transplants vegetable water water quality water_management weather weed management weeds
- La version française (LégumesOntario)
- High disease pressure = increased scouting needs. Rust and purple spot in asparagus. Best control is preventative. http://t.co/qPv7V9xm6Z 22 hours ago
- At the risk of over-dosing on the downy mildew content - ipmpipe says high risk of infection today & tomorrow. cdm.ipmpipe.org/current-foreca… 1 day ago
- Downy Mildew watersoaked lesions can be hard to find. Often only present for a few hours - then turn yellow-to-brown http://t.co/BNFOw4oFIx 1 day ago
- keep track of the cucurbit downy mildew status, including the risk of further spread at: cdm.ipmpipe.org/current-foreca… 5 days ago
- RT @FarmersOfCanada: In conjunction with the buyers of our crops, OMAFRA and the U of Guelph research is done to help us become more effici… 5 days ago
- RT @ONVeggies: @Kurtis_Allaer @CherylTrueman with DM the watersoaked lesion can be elusive. Often only visible for a few hours before sympt… 1 day ago
- Passing the question to @ONVeggies who is better at ID on downy mildew than I am twitter.com/Kurtis_Allaer/… 2 days ago
- Ridgetown Vegetable Open House July 14 @RidgetownCampus: wp.me/pUrrf-1ay Great learning, social time. #OntAg http://t.co/kbUfnl8kZU 5 days ago
- The certificate says I am! Are you? twitter.com/NRCS_Illinois/… 5 days ago
- RT @ONspraysafety: Want to work at beautiful Brien House? @RidgetownCampus needs staff: bit.ly/1CymOrR & bit.ly/1LztZYV htt… 5 days ago
More Ontario Ag Events
PLEASE NOTE : We provide ONvegetables.com (Blog) free of charge and for information purposes only to individuals interested in commercial vegetable production.