Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada have confirmed the diagnosis of late blight on tomato plants from Essex. See the August 29 update for information on management and recommended fungicides.
ONvegetable topicsalliums asparagus bacterial disease bean leaf beetle beans brassicas business cantaloupe carrot celery cover_crops crop nutrition cucumbers cucurbits disease downy mildew eggplant events fertilizer food processing food_safety fumigation fungal disease fungicides government programs herbicide injury herbicide resistance herbicides high_tunnel insecticides insects IPM irrigation late blight leafy veg legume veg marketing melons micronutrients mites nematodes ONveg in The Grower organic other peas pepper phytophthora poll pollination powdery mildew pumpkin pumpkins research resources rhizoctonia solani roots root veg rutabaga seed treatments snap_beans soil specialty veg squash storage survey sweet corn tomato transplants vegetable water watermelon water quality water_management weather weeds
- La version française (LégumesOntario)
- there are still a number of IPM workshops. Sweet corn, bean and peas on May 14th am. Cucurbits in the afternoon. wp.me/pUrrf-183 2 weeks ago
- Wow! Some vintage ag extension materials. http://t.co/VL4c3qykKo 1 month ago
- RT @MuckIPM: Come join us at the 67th Annual Muck Vegetable Growers Conference this Wednesday/Thursday at the Bradford and District Communi… 1 month ago
- RT @Spray_Guy: New Video: EFP Sprayer Tank Rinsing Procedures with @spray_guy & @Perrymartin9: youtu.be/zMCBBITbtXY #spraytips http://t.c… 2 months ago
- RT @onhortcrops: Scouting horticultural crops this year? IPM Scout Training Workshops start April 29th: wp.me/p1BL3s-AM #OntAg http… 2 months ago
- Tomato innovation making harvest better, faster #OntAg agannex.com/production/tom… 1 day ago
- RT @ONspraysafety: Too windy to spray? Ideal conditions = 3.2 - 9.6 km/hr (2 - 6 mph), i.e. light to gentle breeze...Spray safely #spray15! 2 days ago
- RT @LauraVanEerd: Way to go @c_coombs on MSc thesis defence date. #covercrops crimson, red clover, alfalfa b4 corn. See report http://t.co… 2 days ago
- RT @OntarioFarms: Ontario farmers: remember to return your empty seed & pesticide bags this season with @CleanFARMS bit.ly/1OEwcos … 2 days ago
- RT @nozzle_guy: It's never OK to cause spray drift. #spray15 @ontariotomato @ONspraysafety twitter.com/FisherPam/stat… 2 days ago
More Ontario Ag Events
PLEASE NOTE : We provide ONvegetables.com (Blog) free of charge and for information purposes only to individuals interested in commercial vegetable production.