The PMRA has approved a minor use label expansion for Actara 25WG (thimethoxam) that includes fruiting vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant (crop group 8).
Added to the fruiting vegetables uses:
- Foliar application for control of tarnished plant bug, stink bugs (brown, one-spotted, green), and reduction in damage caused by brown marmorated stink bug.
- In-furrow application for suppression of tarnished plant bug and stink bugs (brown, one-spotted, green).
- Transplant water application for suppression of tarnished plant bug and stink bugs (brown, one-spotted, green).
As with any insecticide, certain precautions should be taken to protect pollinators when controlling agricultural pests. These precautions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Following Label Directions – referring to Pollinator Protection statements on the product label to minimize exposure to bees from direct application as well as to systemic residues
- Communication – collaboration between growers, beekeepers and crop advisors to minimize exposure to pollinators and other wildlife
- Minimization of Spray Drift – use of buffer zones and proper sprayer calibration
- Monitoring Environmental and Field Conditions – being mindful of the appropriate weather conditions
Syngenta encourages you to visit www.beehealth.ca for further information on best management practices surrounding Syngenta’s technology.
Be sure to read and follow all label directions.