Previous 2014 late blight update: July 3.
There have been more late blight confirmations over the last week or so in the US Northeast. Here’s a summary, with the late blight genotype in brackets, if known:
- July 10 – Suffolk County, Long Island, New York – tomato
- July 9 – York County, Maine – potato
- July 7 – Lagrange County, Indiana – potato (US-23)
- June 27 – Prince Edward Island – tomato
- June 27 – Lancaster County, Pennsylvania – potato and tomato (US-23)
- June 26 – Chester County, Pennsylvania – tomato
- June 26 – New Brunswick – tomato
- June 23 – Erie County, New York – potato (US-23)
- June 21 – Cambria County, Pennsylvania – potato (US-23)
- June 13 – Suffolk County (Long Island), New York – potato (US-23)
To date, I know of no confirmed cases in Ontario. See Late blight update – 2014 07 03 for recommendations on how to protect your tomato crop if late blight is found in our growing areas.
A note on the late blight genotype found so far in the US Northeast in 2014: US-23 is known to infect both tomato and potato.